Dreamtation.comThe meaning of my dream!
Interpret your dreams online. Over 9,000 dream symbols are available..
back to startpage | back to previous page
Association: - Enlightenment, - vision search.
Question: - What would like I to see?
Key words: Slowly burning, - fire inside, - substantial, - warily.
Description: Candles in the most different forms have been used by people by the centuries to bring light in the darkness. Candles catch the element fire, - it is included in them. They are ordinarily made out of oils and wax with a wick.
General meaning: Fire catching, - slowly and evenly, - the work with the element fire, - a brief impression of the beaming components of itself.
Association: Bolt upright, - everlasting light, - spark plug in the car.
Transcendent meaning: A light in the midst of the emptiness, - a ceremony, - ceremonial protection, - follows the colour and use of the candle in a transcendent dream.
When the electricity was not invented yet, the candle and her light was interpreted as a resolution of the darkness or as a verehrenswürdige power. Today the dream of a burning candle refers, because candles are not relevant as a light any more, on the need for examination, knowledge, enlightenment or feeling warmth, so the attempt to clear something what the dreaming does not understand yet. The candle is also a symbol of the life. The Easter candle still has the meaning of a rebirth or resurrection symbol. Because the candle burns itself, it can have in the dream, however, also the meaning of mortality of the person, not only those of a life light. Hence, the statement of this picture can be picked out only from the whole connection of the dream. Candles can also show the power of the dreaming about his personal magic.
- candles on a birthday cake symbolise a crossing of the old person to the new. They point to optimism and an ease of the being. A cake of full candles can be connected with age fears and uncertainty about the future.
- lighting a candle stands for courage and strength or for the demand for something what the dreaming needs. If one lights them themselves and burns them brightly, one may be soon glad about an important knowledge as well as unique chances.
- Worriedly flickering and puffing away candles point to the fact that a being close person is in the difficulties which move in the health area.
- candle can indicate sexual needs as a phallic symbol. If she burns brightly radiant, the love is answered if it goes out, one does not come to the aim of his wishes.
- old dream books equate the candle also with 'life light', - then it can announce long life, but also illnesses and deaths, above all if they go out. Today the gone out candle stands for hopes which one must give up.
At the spiritual level candles stand for enlightenment, wisdom and beauty. She produces the respect between mind and matter.
- have before himself: a contented life before eyes have,
- light: you will find good friends, - also: a happy event is celebrated,
- see burning: your visit is welcome, - also: you expect somebody longingly,
- quietly burning: everything goes in the best order,
- see the light burning: make yourselves on it calm to attain admission to a party,
- extinguish: hold hand from your plan, - your hopes will not come true,
- see going out: a death enters, - also: a narrow friendship breaks,
- hold burning: burning dear longing,
- burning ones carry: you will be frightened by death news,
- carry in procession: you feel remorse for your action,
- flickering ones: one lies to you,
- puffing away: an unexpected illness will appear,
- with black tape: a heavy case of illness in the family,
- bent: hope does not come true.
- an ambivalent sign: If she burns, she promises fulfilment in the love. If the candle does not burn, the person concerned should prepare for a long time of the loneliness. Quite in general the symbol says that the dreaming has a strong need for togetherness which threatens to become overpowering long dissatisfied and now. (Man
- male sexual symbol,
- peace, luck, namely all the more, the less the light flickers,
- make purchases: Luck, - happy event,
- light: if a long life, promises
- A candle light meant with a girl that she must meet her lover because of her parents secretly.
- burning see in a church: one regrets an action which has brought to another damage,
- see move or pouring: one will be present at a festivity,
- or light see burning: if health and a long life, promises
- with a clear, quiet flame: stands for stability and well-founded wealth, - also: Signs for peace, devotion and stop and a request for the way inwards,
- with bright flame: the next time will run as requested,
- with flickering, puffing away flame: Their health is subjected to big variations,
- Dreaming a young girl to form candles will get them an unexpected marriage offer and make a pleasant visit with distant relatives.
- carry a burning candle: this is the einzigste load which one must carry in the life, because wisdom will protect to one and the luck will smile to one,
- going out light or burnt down candle: Accident or news of a death, - also: a narrow friendship goes to the breaks,
- the candle goes out by train air: then your enemies spread injurious things about you,
- extinguish: brings bad news, - friends will die or are in trouble.
(See also torch, fire, thunder bird, bonfire)
- see burning: you will hear that a friend is dying,
- go out: your hope is thwarted,
- long: your life span is rather long.